Miles Davis - Pangaea album flac
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS/Sony Group Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Recorded At – Festival Hall, Osaka
- Pressed By – DADC – DIDP-072541
- Pressed By – DADC – DIDP-072542
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Soprano Saxophone – Sonny Fortune
- Bass [Fender] – Michael Henderson
- Congas, Drums [Water Drums], Drum Machine [Rhythm Box] – Mtume*
- Coordinator [Jazz Contemporary Masters Series Coordination] – Amy Herot, Gary Pacheco, Mike Berniker
- Directed By [Album & CD] – Keiichi Nakamura
- Drums – Al Foster
- Engineer [Assistant] – Mitsuru Kasai, Shuichi Takamoto, Takaaki Amano
- Engineer, Engineer [CD Remix] – Tomoo Suzuki
- Guitar – Pete Cosey, Reggie Lucas
- Liner Notes – Kevin Whitehead
- Percussion – Mtume*, Pete Cosey
- Producer – Teo Macero
- Synth [Synthi] – Pete Cosey
- Trumpet, Organ – Miles Davis
- Written-By – M. Davis*
NotesⓅ 1975 CBS/Sony Group Inc.
Ⓒ 1975 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Recorded live at Osaka Festival Hall, Japan, February 1, 1975.
Duration for the track 1-1 is listed on the back cover and booklet as 41:18, but it actually runs 30 seconds longer (41:48).
Previously released in Japan as CBS/Sony 50DP 239-40.
Similar version, but WITH MISSPELLING "M DAVID" ON CD 2 AND MOULD SID CODES.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7464 - 46115 - 2
- SPARS Code: ADD
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2, CD 1): DIDP-072541 F4 1A 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, CD 1): IFPI L326
- Other (Cat # - CD 1): CK 46118
- Other (Variant 1 & 2, CD 1): DIDP 072541
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2, CD 2): DIDP-072542 F4 1B 01
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, CD 2): IFPI L 327
- Other (Cat # - CD 2): CK 46119
- Other (Variant 1 & 2, CD 2): DIDP 072542
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L424
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2, CD 1): IFPI 7234
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2, CD 2): IFPI 7209
|SOPZ 96~97||Miles Davis||Pangaea = パンゲアの刻印 (2xLP, Album)||CBS/Sony||SOPZ 96~97||Japan||1975|
|50DP 239~40||Miles Davis||Pangaea (2xCD, Album, RE, RM)||CBS/Sony||50DP 239~40||Japan||1985|
|CSCS-5350/1||Miles Davis||Pangaea (2xCD, Album)||CBS/Sony||CSCS-5350/1||Japan||1990|
|SRCS 9130~1||Miles Davis||Pangaea (2xCD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Pap)||Sony Records||SRCS 9130~1||Japan||1996|
|SRCS 9130~1||Miles Davis||Pangaea (2xCD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Jew)||Sony Records||SRCS 9130~1||Japan||1996|
Pangaea is a live album by American jazz trumpeter, composer, and bandleader Miles Davis. It was originally released as a double album in 1976 by CBS Sony in Japan. Recorded during Davis' electric period, the album captures the second of two concerts he performed on February 1, 1975, at Osaka's Festival Hall
Almost identical to Miles Davis - Pangaea, but this version has different matrix numbers and has a typo on disc 2. (says M. David instead of M. Davis). Comes in a double thick jewel case. Recorded live at Osaka Festival Hall, Japan, February 1, 1975. This is the evening show; the album Agharta was the afternoon show. Duration for the track 1-1 is listed on the back cover and booklet as 41:18, but it actually runs 30 seconds longer (41:48). Previously released in Japan as CBS/Sony 50DP 239-40.
In 1975 the last vestiges of Miles Davis early jazz persona had gone. There were none of the playful modal trumpet tones his listeners had been introduced to in 1949 in his Birth of the Cool era. Miles sound had underwent a remodeling, based around funk and rock music, and had began to incorporate these ideas into his studio and live work.
Is Pangaea the best album by Miles Davis? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Miles Davis - Pangaea Blu-Spec CD 2, Japan - Import Condition: Brand New. Time left: 2d 20h 4s. Ships to: Worldwide. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date indicated and are subject to change.
Two Miles Davis concerts, recorded on one day in Japan 40 years ago, produced two different albums, Agharta and Pangaea. Angus Batey compares them - and wades deeper into the Davis archives without a map or a functioning compass. Like the man said: "Listen. Almost exactly 40 years ago, on the first day of February 1975, an ailing Miles Davis and his road-hardened, shit-hot band rocked up at the Festival Hall in Osaka, and played two all-out, no-holds-barred concerts in one day. Both were recorded by Columbia's Japanese office, then as now known as Sony
Label: 4 Men With Beards. Miles Davis - Jack Johnson LP. Vinyl, CD & Tape from Artist. Used Vinyl from Artist. Merchandise from Artist. 2LP21,99 €. Miles Davis - Bitches Brew 2LP. Miles Davis.
Miles Davis - Pangaea (CBS/Sony (J) 28AP-2169/70). Miles Davis - New York Bottom Line 1975 (Jazz Masters (G) JM 017/18). 1980 (age 54). Miles Davis - The Man With The Horn (Columbia FC 36790). Miles Davis - Shout (12 inch maxi single) (Columbia AS 1274). Miles Davis - We Want Miles (Columbia C2 38005). List of albums/singles by catalogue number: Miles Davis Catalog - album index. List of sessions by recorded date & location: Miles Davis Discography - session index.
Miles Davis Filles De Kilimanjaro (Columbia, 1968). A simmering opus, it’s only half way through the album’s second track that anything like a climax is reached, a groove materialising from the somnambulant improvisations only to return to the quiet of the title’s refrain. It’s a masterpiece in restraint, atmosphere and musical empathy, recorded in a single session on 18th February 1969 and one of Miles’ most influential albums. Miles Davis Bitches Brew (Columbia, 1970). Pangaea documents the evening session, with Miles in out and out combat with his band, dropping pretentions of melody and harmony in favour of sprinting riffs and pummelling poly rhythms. The first of the album’s two tracks is ‘Zimbabwe’, a feverish funk jam that whips itself into a virtuoso fury across forty odd minutes, and an experience which translates on record as one hell of a listen.
Wrong album? Let us know. Expand player Collapse player. PANGAEA Vinyl Record. Featuring just 2 songs, both clocking in at over 40 minutes, Pangaea shows Miles' band really stretching itself to the limit. Live electric jazz-fusion from the undisputed master of the genre. 180 gram vinyl in a gatefold jacket with a reproduction of the original black and white insert. Delivery: This item does not ship to your country.